Join us for our delicious
Come along and celebrate Christmas at the Green Man. Our Festive Menu is available from 13th November until 1st January, excluding Christmas Day. A deposit of £5 per adult and £3 per child is required to confirm booking
Served with house cocktail sauce, brown bloomer bread and butter †
MAPLE FLAVOURED ROOT VEGETABLE SOUP
Carrots, parsnips and onions caramelised in a sweet maple flavoured syrup, flavoured with festive spices, white bloomer bread and butter (v)
Stilton® & Peppercorn Mushrooms
Garlic ciabatta topped with sautéed mushrooms in a peppercorn sauce, finished with crumbled Stilton® and watercress (v)
CHICKEN LIVER PATE
Served with caramelised red onion chutney, watercress, toasted brown bloomer bread and butter
TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS DINNER WITH ALL THE TRIMMINGS
Hand-carved turkey, pig in blanket, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, stuffing, carrots, honey-roasted parsnips, Brussels sprouts, broccoli and gravy
Tender turkey layered with cranberry sauce and a cranberry, chestnut and pork stuffing with gravy, encased in shortcrust pastry with a puff pastry Christmas tree lid. With mashed potatoes, carrots, honey-roasted parsnips, Brussels sprouts, broccoli and gravy
SEA BASS RISOTTO
Grilled sea bass fillets on top of a honey-roasted parsnip and carrot risotto, topped with watercress †
8OZ* 28 DAY AGED RUMP STEAK WITH PEPPERCORN SAUCE
28-day aged pre-seasoned steak, cooked to your liking. Served with seasoned chips, half a grilled tomato, onion rings, peas and peppercorn sauce
BUTTERNUT SQUASH, SWEET POTATO, MATURE CHEDDAR & CASHEW NUT ROAST
Buttered baby potatoes, carrots, honey-roasted parsnips, Brussels sprouts, broccoli and gravy (v)
BEETROOT, SWEET POTATO & BUTTERNUT SQUASH TART
A vegan tart of winter vegetables and spinach with delicate flavours of fennel, spices and rosemary. Served with a tomato passata sauce, seasonal vegetables and roast potatoes (Ve)
Beef burger topped with smoked streaky bacon, served in a toasted, glazed brioche bun with burger sauce, lettuce, gherkin and red onion. With festive fries (fries topped with pig in blanket slices and stuffing) and a jug of gravy
Served with brandy sauce (v)
VANILLA CHEESECAKE (V) WITH LIMONCELLO COULIS
Served with vanilla flavoured ice cream and fresh raspberries*
WARM CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE
Served with vanilla flavoured ice cream (v)
CHOCOLATE AND CHERRY TORTE
A rich chocolate and kirsch cherry torte, served with vegan ice cream (Ve)*
Kentish apple and mincemeat crumble with custard (v)
CHEESE & BISCUITS £3.99
Mature Cheddar, Camembert & Stilton, celery, grapes, apple & date chutney & a selection of biscuits (v)
2 COURSES: £6.49
3 COURSES: £7.99
Served with white bloomer bread and butter (v)
GARLIC BREAD (V)
TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS DINNER WITH ALL THE TRIMMINGS
Hand-carved turkey, pig in blanket, goose-fat roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, sage and onion stuffing, carrots, honey-roasted parsnips, Brussel Sprouts and gravy
MAC & CHEESE
Macaroni in a rich, velvety cheese sauce, with a dressed salad (v)
Served warm with vanilla flavoured ice cream and chocolate sauce (v)
Two scoops of vanilla flavoured ice cream, topped with chocolate sauce (v)
Terms & Conditions
1. (v) = Vegetarian, (Ve) = Vegan, (n) = Contains nuts, †Fish, poultry and shellfish dishes may contain bones *All stated weights are approximate and uncooked, °Scampi may contain one or more wholetails, ◆Contains alcohol. Some dishes may contain alcohol which may not be indicated on the menu.
2. Please advise the team of any dietary requirements when ordering. Please be aware that we do not operate in an allergen free environment. All of our dishes are prepared in kitchens where nuts and gluten are present as well as other allergens; therefore, we cannot guarantee that any food item is completely free from traces of allergens, due to the risk of unexpected cross contamination. Photography for illustrative purposes only. Sometimes there’s not enough room on our menu to list all dish ingredients so please do have a chat with us if you have any questions or concerns.
3. We’d love to organise your Christmas celebrations. You can book online, pop in or give us a call if you’d like to make a provisional reservation.
4. Please confirm your menu choices by the 13th November 2018 if ordering from the Festive Fayre menu or Buffet package. If booking after this date your menu choices will be required within 48 hours of booking. No booking is confirmed until a deposit is received: £5pp deposit or £3 per child deposit (up to the age of 12) if you are ordering from the Festive Fayre menu or Buffet package (available between the 13th November 2018 – 1st January 2019, excluding the 25th December 2018). 4a. Please check with us if we are doing a Christmas Day menu (available exclusively on the 25th December 2018) as this will require a £10pp deposit. No booking is confirmed until a deposit is received. Full Payment and menu choices for Christmas Day Bookings are required by the 18th November 2018. If booking after this date, full payment and your menu choices will be required
within 48 hours of booking. 4b. Please confirm your pre-order drinks packages by the 13th November 2018 if ordering from the Festive Fayre menu or Buffet package and 18th November 2018 if booking from the Christmas Day Menu. If booking after these dates your pre-book drink choices will be required within 48 hours of booking. All items are subject to availability. We reserve the right to alter or amend the offer at any time.
5. Please remember to bring your receipt with you on the day – makes life a lot easier!
6. Ensure everyone has chosen which yummy food to have.
7. Sorry, deposits are non-refundable.
8. No hidden costs. VAT included.
9. We’ll always do our best to provide your choices but apologise in advance if we can’t.
10. If your friends cancel on you please tell us ASAP as any meals not taken on the day may be charged unless 48 hours’ notice is given. If you have any queries, comments or suggestions, we’d love to hear from you at Greene King Pub Company, PO Box 337, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP33 1QT.
All cash and credit/debit card tips are paid in full to our team members.