About Shepherds Tavern
Built in 1735 as part of the original redevelopment of the area by Edward Shepherd, after the original May Fair was moved to Bow in 1686. Edward Sheppard was an architect and property owner, the tavern was built on ground belonging to him. Formally a butter shop, the exact date of when the building converted into pub is not known. English born actress M.B.E Wendy Richard lived in the pub from 1948 to 1953, and is honoured by the Heritage Foundation.