Join us for our delicious
Come along and celebrate Christmas at the Golden Lion. Our Festive Menu is available from 13th November until 1st January, excluding Christmas Day. A deposit of £5 per adult and £3 per child is required to confirm booking
SCOTTISH SMOKED SALMON
Toasted ciabatta, butter and dressed watercress †
CURED DUCK & FIG TERRINE
Toasted ciabatta, butter and dressed watercress
CREAMY WILD MUSHROOM SOUP
Sautéed wild mushrooms, toasted ciabatta and butter (v)
MAPLE FLAVOURED ROOT VEGETABLE SOUP
Cranberry sauce, toasted ciabatta, butter, dressed watercress, crunchy seeds and walnuts (Ve)
GOATS' CHEESE ROULADE
Cranberry sauce, toasted ciabatta, butter, dressed watercress, crunchy seeds and walnuts (v, n)
HAND-CARVED TURKEY BREAST & ALL THE TRIMMINGS
Garlic and rosemary roast potatoes, sausage meat stuffing, thyme-roasted carrots, honey-roasted parsnips, Yorkshire pudding, Brussels sprouts, a pig in blanket and turkey gravy
10 hour slow-cooked boneless beef rib in a baby onion, streaky bacon and red wine sauce with creamy mash and kale
ROASTED COD LOIN WITH SUNDRIED TOMATO AND CHEESE & BASIL CRUMB
Dill-crushed new potatoes, spinach and a Bloody Mary bisque sauce †
BUTTERNUT SQUASH, SPINACH & BLUE CHEESE GRATIN
Topped with creamy mashed potatoes. Buttered kale and roasted red onions (v)
BEETROOT, SWEET POTATO & BUTTERNUT SQUASH TART
A vegan tart of winter vegetables and spinach with delicate flavours of fennel, spices and rosemary. Served with a tomato passata sauce, seasonal vegetables and roast potatoes (Ve)
Clotted cream and Drambuie sauce with redcurrants (v)
STICKY TOFFEE & CLOTTED CREAM ICE CREAM SUNDAE
Pieces of warm sticky toffee and date pudding, caramel sauce, hazelnut pieces and clotted cream ice cream (v, n)
BELGIAN CHOCOLATE & CRANBERRY BUNDT CAKE
Clotted cream ice cream and chocolate sauce (v)
KENTISH APPLE & MINCEMEAT BAKEWELL TART
Clotted cream ice cream and toffee sauce. This dish contains almonds (v)
CHOCOLATE AND CHERRY TORTE
A rich chocolate and kirsch cherry torte, served with vegan ice cream (Ve)
Pre-order your drinks
Pre-order your drinks with us to enjoy with our Christmas Day Menu and receive these great offers
2 Bottles for £40
BOGOF on Selected Bottles
2 Bottles for £40
View other menus
Terms & Conditions
Our menu descriptors do not include all ingredients. Please ask a member of the team if you require the full allergen information on the ingredients in the food we serve, or visit our website. Whilst we take care to preserve the integrity of our vegetarian and vegan products, we must advise that these are handled in a multi-kitchen environment.
1. (v) = Vegetarian, (Ve) = Vegan, (n) = Contains nuts, †Fish, poultry and shellfish dishes may contain bones *All stated weights are approximate and uncooked, °Scampi may contain one or more wholetails, ◆Contains alcohol. Some dishes may contain alcohol which may not be indicated on the menu.
2. Please advise the team of any dietary requirements when ordering. Please be aware that we do not operate in an allergen free environment. All of our dishes are prepared in kitchens where nuts and gluten are present as well as other allergens; therefore, we cannot guarantee that any food item is completely free from traces of allergens, due to the risk of unexpected cross contamination. Photography for illustrative purposes only. Sometimes there’s not enough room on our menu to list all dish ingredients so please do have a chat with us if you have any questions or concerns.
3. We’d love to organise your Christmas celebrations. You can book online, pop in or give us a call if you’d like to make a provisional reservation.
4. Please confirm your menu choices by the 13th November 2018 if ordering from the Festive Fayre menu or Buffet package. If booking after this date your menu choices will be required within 48 hours of booking. No booking is confirmed until a deposit is received: £5pp deposit or £3 per child deposit (up to the age of 12) if you are ordering from the Festive Fayre menu or Buffet package (available between the 13th November 2018 – 1st January 2019, excluding the 25th December 2018). 4a. Please check with us if we are doing a Christmas Day menu (available exclusively on the 25th December 2018) as this will require a £10pp deposit. No booking is confirmed until a deposit is received. Full Payment and menu choices for Christmas Day Bookings are required by the 18th November 2018. If booking after this date, full payment and your menu choices will be required within 48 hours of booking. 4b. Please confirm your pre-order drinks packages by the 13th November 2018 if ordering from the Festive Fayre menu or Buffet package and 18th November 2018 if booking from the Christmas Day Menu. If booking after these dates your pre-order drink choices will be required within 48 hours of booking. All items are subject to availability. We reserve the right to alter or amend the offer at any time.
5. Please remember to bring your receipt with you on the day – makes life a lot easier!
6. Ensure everyone has chosen which yummy food to have.
7. Sorry, deposits are non-refundable.
8. No hidden costs. VAT included.
9. We’ll always do our best to provide your choices but apologise in advance if we can’t.
10. If your friends cancel on you please tell us ASAP as any meals not taken on the day may be charged unless 48 hours’ notice is given. If you have any queries, comments or suggestions, we’d love to hear from you at Greene King Pub Company, PO Box 337, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP33 1QT. All cash and credit/debit card tips are paid in full to our team members.
2. £15 gift vouchers are valid between 1 September 2018 and 30 November 2018, and from 2 January to 8 February 2019. Not valid from 1st December 2018 to 1st January 2019 inclusive.
3. Photocopies or defaced gift vouchers will not be accepted. Only one gift voucher will be accepted per transaction. No cash alternative.
4. The voucher may only be used in a single transaction and no change will be given. At least £5 of the total voucher value must be spent on food, including at least one main meal. Voucher cannot be used against the balance of the Festive booking. Voucher cannot be used against the purchase of gift cards. The voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other voucher or Greene King employee vouchers including friend & family vouchers.
5. The voucher cannot be used in conjunction with other discount vouchers – but can be used against promotion (e.g. daily deals or set menus).
6. Greene King reserves the right to withdraw or amend the offer at any time.
7. Gift vouchers are not available to Greene King employees or those under 18 years old.
8. By submitting your details to receive your voucher, you consent to the collection and processing of your personal data in accordance with the privacy notice available here. Vouchers will be delivered electronically by email (if you have provided an email address as part of your online booking and have opted-in to receive our marketing communications) or by text message via a unique code, which should be received within 5 working days of your deposit being paid.
9. Gift vouchers are redeemable at participating pubs listed here: https://www.greeneking-pubs.co.uk/find-us/
10. To redeem, please present your unique voucher code within the email or text message you receive at the till.
11. Proof of identity may be requested. Age restrictions apply to certain products, serving times and locations. If you are under 18, please check with your pub in advance. Cash value of this voucher £0.00000001. This voucher is not transferable. Offer subject to availability. We reserve the right to cancel, amend or withdraw this offer at any time. Enjoy Responsibly. Promoter: Greene King Brewing & Retailing Limited, Westgate Brewery, Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk IP33 1QT.