AT THE Crab Apple Inn
Join us at the Crab Apple Inn to enjoy our delicious Festive Fayre Menu available from 13th November to 1st January 2020 (excluding Christmas Day & Boxing Day, where we have other extra special menus on offer!).
Our kings of feasting (our talented chefs) have been working to give you a festive feast to remember!
£5 deposit or £3 per child is required to confirm booking
TOMATO SOUP (V)
Served with white bread.
Vegan option available (ve)
CRANBERRY & ORANGE CHICKEN WINGS
Crispy chicken wings tossed in a sticky cranberry and orange glaze
PRAWN COCKTAIL †
With seafood sauce, dressed mixed leaves and brown bread
CHICKEN LIVER & HERB PÂTÉ
A chicken liver pâté with cream and herbs. Served with dressed mixed leaves, caramelised red onion chutney and toast
YOUR CHOICE FROM THE CARVERY
Choose from our selection of fresh roasted meats and delicious vegetables with your choice of potatoes and accompaniments. Served with lashings of gravy
Beef burger topped with smoked streaky bacon, cranberry sauce and Brie, in a bun with burger sauce and lettuce. Served with fries and ketchup
8OZ* RUMP STEAK & PEPPERCORN SAUCE
Cooked to your liking with chips, peas, half a grilled tomato and peppercorn sauce in a jug
SALMON WITH HOLLANDAISE†◆
Served with baby potatoes, seasonal vegetables and smoky Hollandaise sauce in a jug
Tender turkey layered on top of cranberry sauce and a cranberry, chestnut and pork stuffing with gravy. Encased in shortcrust pastry with a puff pastry Christmas tree lid, with mashed potatoes, peas and gravy in a jug
BUTTERNUT SQUASH, SWEET POTATO, MATURE CHEDDAR & CASHEW NUT ROAST
With baby potatoes, seasonal vegetables, cauliflower cheese and gravy (v, n)
BEETROOT, SWEET POTATO & BUTTERNUT SQUASH TART
A tart of winter vegetables and spinach with delicate flavours of fennel, spices and rosemary. Served with roast potatoes, seasonal vegetables and Napolitana sauce in a jug
Vegan option available (VE)
CHRISTMAS PUDDING◆ (V)
Served with custard
CHOCOLATE AND CHERRY TORTE◆ (VE)
A rich chocolate and kirsch cherry torte, served with vegan ice cream
LIMONCELLO DRIZZLED CHEESECAKE◆ (V)
With Limoncello coulis and vanilla flavour ice cream
CHOCOLATE FUDGE BROWNIE (V)
A rich chocolate brownie topped with cherry compote and vanilla flavour ice cream
APPLE & BERRY CRUMBLE (V)
Served with custard
PRE-ORDER YOUR FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS TIPPLES TODAY
The below offers are available for pre-ordering only. Make sure you pre-order your drinks using the options on our booking form. Products are subject to availability
Giotto Pinot Grigio, Giotto Merlot or 3 Pebble Bay Rose
Corona, Desperados, Peroni Gluten Free, Hop House 13, Punk IPA, Brothers Parma Violet, Brothers Rhubarb & Custard or Bulmers Original
Heineken 0%, Peroni Libera, Old Speckled Hen Low Alcohol or Becks Blue
VEGGIE DIP STICKS (VE)
Cucumber and carrot with a tomato dip
GARLIC BREAD SLICES (V)
TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS DINNER WITH ALL THE TRIMMINGS
Hand-carved turkey served with sage and onion stuffing, pig in blanket, Yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes, seasonal vegetables and gravy
TOMATO PASTA (V)
Tomato pasta served with garlic bread slices
GOOEY CHOCOLATE BROWNIE (V)
Warm chocolate brownie with a scoop of vanilla flavour ice cream and chocolate flavour sauce
ICE CREAM (V)
Two scoops of vanilla flavour ice cream topped with strawberry flavour sauce
Reserve your table below
Please note: A deposit is required to secure your festive booking, which will be deducted from your final bill.
View our other Festive Menus
Treat someone to one of our Festive Gift Cards or fantastic beers from our online shop this Christmas, and give them the gift of the beer!
Terms & Conditions
1. (V) = Vegetarian. (VE) =Vegan. (N) = Nuts. †Fish, Poultry and Shellfish dishes may contain bones. *All stated weights are approximate and uncooked. w Contains alcohol. Some dishes may contain alcohol which may not be indicated on the menu. Our onion rings are made from chopped and reformed onions. °Scampi may contain one or more wholetails.2. Please advise the team on any dietary requirements when ordering. Please be aware that we do not operate in an allergen free environment. All our dishes are prepared in kitchens where nuts and gluten are present as well as other allergens; therefore we cannot guarantee that any food item is completely free from traces of allergens, due to the risk of unexpected cross contamination. Photography is for illustration purposes only. Sometimes there’s not enough room on our menus to list all ingredients so please have a chat with us if you have any questions or concerns.3. We’d love to organise your Christmas Celebrations. You can book online, pop in or give us a call if you’d like to make a provisional reservation. 4. Please confirm your menu choices by 11th November 2019 if ordering Festive Fayre Menu or
Buffet Package. If booking after this date your menu choices will be required within 48 hours of booking. No booking is confirmed until a deposit is received. £5pp deposit or £3 per child deposit (up to the age of 12) if you are ordering from the Festive Fayre and Buffet Package (Available between 13th November 2019 and 1st January 2020, excluding 25th December 2019)4a. Please check with us if we are doing an exclusive Christmas Day Menu (available on 25th December 2019 only) we will require a £10pp deposit. If we are doing an exclusive Boxing Day Menu (available on 26th December 2019
only), we will require a £5pp deposit or £3 per child deposit (up to the age of 12). No booking is confirmed until a full deposit is received. Full payment and your menu choices will be required by 18th November 2019 for Christmas Day
and Boxing Day bookings. If booking after this date, full payment and your menu choices will be required within 48
hours of booking.4b. Please confirm your pre-order drinks packages by 13th November 2019 if ordering from the
Festive Fayre or Buffet Package and 18th November for Christmas Day Menu and Boxing Day Menu. If booking
after these dates your pre-book drinks choices will be required within 48 hours of booking. All items are subject to
availability. We reserve the right to alter or amend the offer at any time.5. Please remember to bring your receipt with you on the day – makes life a lot easier!6. Sorry, deposits are non-refundable.7. We’ll always do our best to provide your choices but apologise in advance if we can’t.8. If your friends cancel on you please tell us ASAP as any meals taken on the day may be charged unless 48 hours’ notice is given. Promoter: Greene King Brewing and Retailing Ltd, Sunrise House, Ninth Avenue, Burton on Trent, DE14 3JZ. Stilton® and Croxton Manor® are registered trademarks. All cash and credit/debit card tips are paid in full to our team members.
£10 Early Booking Incentive
When a voucher is presented by a guest to be redeemed on an email they have received
- £10 gift voucher is valid between 2nd January to 31st May 2020 - excluding Mother’s Day 22nd March 2020, Easter weekend 10th to 13th April 2020 and May Bank Holiday’s 4th & 25th May 2020.
- Only one gift voucher will be accepted per transaction. No cash alternative. The voucher may only be used in a single transaction and no change will be given.
- At least £5 of the total voucher value must be spent on food, including at least one main meal, which can include breakfast.
- Voucher cannot be used against the balance of the Festive booking.
- Voucher cannot be used against the purchase of gift cards.
- The voucher cannot be used in conjunction with other discount vouchers or Greene King employee vouchers including friend & family vouchers – but can be used against promotion (e.g. daily deals or set menus).
- Photocopies or defaced gift vouchers will not be accepted.
- Proof of identity may be requested. Age restrictions apply to certain products, serving times and locations. If you are under 18, please check with your pub in advance. Cash value of this voucher £0.00000001.
- This voucher is not transferable. Offer subject to availability. We reserve the right to cancel, amend or withdraw this offer at any time.
- Promoter: Greene King, Sunrise House, Ninth Avenue, Burton-Upon-Trent, Staffordshire.