Make Real Change Happen
After a tough time recently, we’re stepping in to give something back to the grassroots sports clubs we love. Proud To Pitch In is an initiative from Greene King IPA, paying cash grants to grassroots and community sports clubs across the United Kingdom. Every pint we sell* will add 10p to our fund supporting local clubs from the ground up, providing them with the tools they need to continue to play the sport they love. From football, rugby and cricket to roller hockey or netball, we want to support as many local teams across the UK as we can with donations which can go a long way to keeping everyone in action.
We will be keeping this page updated with the great stories of those we are able to support and highlighting the incredible work done in community and grassroots sports across the UK every day.
*participating sites only – see below for details
£100,000 worth of grants up for grabs
We've got £100,000 worth of grants available from October 2021 to February 2022. Projects can apply for funding of up to £3,000 each. What are you waiting for?
To be eligible for funding, projects must be located in the United Kingdom and project beneficiaries must be aged 18 or over.
Aside from just enjoying a game together we know that sport has an enormous impact on physical and mental health, bringing people and communities together to make long lasting connections through a shared love of sport.
We’d love you to help us find these great causes and clubs to support by nominating your local community club for a cash grant. If you have a team or a club that you think would benefit from our support then you can nominate simply and quickly through our nominations page and we will do the rest.
Arrow (Arnold), Peacock (Clifton), Bear Tavern (Smethwick), Beggars Bush (Kingstanding), Oak Tree (Mansfield), Sir John Warren (Ilkeston), The Nabb Inn,Farmers (Blackpool), Farmers Arms (Wirrall), Victoria (Barrow-In-Furness), Apple Tree (Carlisle),Arkles (Liverpool), Beaconsfield (Gateshead), Ben Lomond (Jarrow), Black Horse (Old Swan), Bromborough (Wirrall), Bumble Bee (Flitwick), County Arms (Chingford), Cricketers (Milton Keynes), Devon (Leeds), Devonshire Arms (Sheffield), Dragon (Leeds), Eager Poet (Neath Hill), Farmers Arms (Northenden), George & Dragon (Yiewsley), Glovers Needle (Worcester), Golden Lion (Goring-By-Sea), Grove (Welwyn Garden), Guildford (Southend-0n-Sea), Gunner (North Shields), Hare & Hounds (Gloucester), Horsforth (Horsforth), King George V (Ilford), Lullingstone Castle (Swanley), Malt Shovel ( Baildon,New Derby (Sunderland), Old Swan (Bletchley), Pied Piper (Stevenage), Portsbridge (Cosham), Priory ( Scunthorpe), Red Lion (Portchester), Robin Hood (Tottington), Station Hotel (Crossgates), Strawberry (Barrow-In-Furness), Town House (Lytham St Annes), Travellers Rest (Leeds), Festing (Southsea), Unicorn (Ilford),Wackum Inn (Bristol), Washington (Blackpool), Willow (Harlow), Zach Willsher (Benfleet), Abington,Ainsty (York), Anton Arms (Andover), Baffins (Portsmouth), Barley Corn,Beacon (Basingstoke), Billet (Sittingbourne), Bird In Hand (Beck Row), Black Horse (Trowbridge), Bridge, Broadway (Bournemouth), Brunswick (Bournemouth), Bull & Chequers (Reading), Butterchurn (Sutton), Chestnut Tree (Andover), Churchill (Poole), Claude (Cardiff), Clocktower (Milton Keynes), College Oak (Abingdon), Commercial (Killay), Counting House (Leicester), Crab Apple, Crown Wood (Bracknell), Cuckoo Pint (Fareham), Dog & Partridge (Morecambe), Earl Of Cornwall (Slough), Farmhouse Inn,Fox & Hounds (Croxley Green), Gardeners (Chelmsford), Gemini (Dereham), George & Dragon Hotel (Stockport), Golden Eagle (Carterton), Grapes (Bury St Edmunds), Green Posts (Portsmouth), Guild (Preston), Halfway Inn (Chandlers Ford), Hansom Cab (Luton),Harvey (Swindon), Jolly Milliner(Luton), Kingfisher (Newport Pagnell), Little Mester (North Anston), Malt Shovel (Bridgewater), Man On The Moon (Ipswich), Manor House (Portsmouth), Merlin (Swindon), Messenger (Swindon), Midget (Abingdon), Mitre (Southampton), Monks Brook (Chandlers Ford), Monument (Hereford), Morden Brook (Morden), National Hunt (Cheltenham), Oak (Didcot), Old White Hart (Hook), Otter (Thorpe Marriott), Pied Calf (Spalding), Pinner Arms (Pinner), Pond House (Maidenhead), Railway (Burnham On Sea), Raynes Park (Raynes Park), Robin Hood (Ashton-In-Makerfield), Rose & Crown (Rushden), Star ( Bristol), Royal (Scunthorpe), Royal Oak (Yateley), Tap & Tumbler (Nottingham), Templar Hotel (Leeds), Royal Standard (Camberley), Rye House (Hoddesdon), Sherwood Oak (Walderslade), Silver Birch (Bracknell), Sportsman (Reading), Upper George Hotel (Halifax), Spyglass & Kettle (Gillingham), Star & Garter (Portsmouth), Three Tuns (Canterbury), Waterside (Shoreham-By-Sea), Welcome (Eastleigh), West End Brewery (West End), White Hart (Gosport), White Horse (Bicester), White Swan (Sandhurst), William Camden (Bexleyheath), Windmill (Freshbrook), Wooden Bridge (Guildford), Woodlands Edge (Sth Ockenden), Ye Olde Black Horse (Lamorbey)
MODIFIED SOLICITATION STATEMENT BY A NON-COMMERCIAL PARTICIPATOR
- The proportion of the purchase price that will be donated to the stated purpose.
- 4x500ml pack “50p from every pack raises money for local sport”
- Pump clip “10p from every pint funds grass roots sport”
- The method for determining how the donations will be distributed between the different charitable institutions.
- Include a QR code directing customers to “nominate a club to receive a cash grant”.
TERMS & CONDITIONS AND PRIVACY NOTICE
- You must complete the form in order to nominate a club to be considered for a cash grant. The fund is intended to support and promote grassroots sport within local communities. Nominations can be made for amateur sports clubs and community organisations, not-for-profit organisations and community institutions. Community sports clubs themselves can apply to the community fund directly via the Greene King Proud to Pitch In campaign page and the ActionFunder platform. Nominated organisations or groups must be:
- a Community Group or other Informal Group;
- a Registered Charity; or
- a Social Enterprise or Community Business, including:
- CASC (Community Amateur Sports Club);
- Community Interest Company (CIC); or
- Co-operative Society,
At the discretion of the judging panel, nominations from other types of organisations may be considered, provided they can demonstrate the grants will be used exclusively for charitable purposes for the public benefit.
Priority will be given to organisations who can demonstrate how their sports club or project delivers benefit to members of the local community.
If the data you are providing for your nominee contains personal data, for example a home address, personal email address or personal telephone number you must ensure you have obtained positive consent from your nominee before entering. Your nominee must be a resident of the United Kingdom.
- Nominations are restricted to one per person. If you nominate multiple times, we will ignore any previous nominations and only use your most recent one.
- Fund focus. The Proud To Pitch In Community Fund is open to grassroots and community sports clubs. The aim of this fund is to support people and projects that:
- run sports activities that positively impact the local community; and
- would tangibly benefit from funding in the short-term.
- By entering this campaign you are deemed to have accepted, and will be bound by, these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over only.
- Promotional Period. Nominations open on 18th October 2021 and will remain open until at least 28 February 2022.and funding will be awarded in three rounds. Nominations for the first round closes at midnight on 31st October 2021.
- [ Each nomination is scored and judged based on predefined judging criteria. A judging panel will then choose the winners. This panel will consist of Greene King representatives, as well as grassroots sports and local community representatives. The panel will consider the following criteria when selecting the winning projects:
- Focus - the project is led by / will benefit a grassroots or community sports club.
- Inclusivity & accessibility - activities are in the public interest, meaning they are inclusive and their access / participation / membership is not restricted.
- Community impact - the project is having a positive impact in the club and/or the surrounding community.
- Attainability - how achievable is (are) the project’s goal(s).
- Effective use of funding - the funding will be used to reach a tangible goal.
- £100,000 worth of grants are available from October 2021 to February 2022. Projects can apply for funding of up to £3,000 each. Money for the fund will be raised through the sale of Greene King IPA in local pubs, online and in-store.
- The cash grants are non-transferable and cannot be sold or auctioned.
- Successful projects will be announced within one month of each round closing. You will receive an email from us to confirm your nomination on the day you have submitted the nomination. If you have agreed to receive campaign updates by ticking the consent box on the nomination form, you will receive one campaign update email after each round closing and one campaign round-up email, unless otherwise specified.
- We accept no responsibility for failed delivery due to the provision of incorrect contact details by you.
- Limitation of liability. To the extent permitted by law, we accept no liability for any damage, loss or injury suffered (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way due to entering this campaign. We are not responsible for any third-party acts or omissions.
- Intellectual property. You will retain ownership of any content, submissions and other material that you submit as part of this promotion. However, you grant us (and our agents and affiliates) a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to use any such content, submissions and other material for the purposes of this promotion.
- General terms. No bulk, machine-generated consumer group or third-party entries will be accepted.
- We reserve the right to disqualify incomplete, altered or illegible entries. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed, technical or telecommunications faults. Proof of submitting is not proof of receipt.
- We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to verify you and the club that you nominate, including, but not limited to, proof of identity and/or age, as required, and to reject a nomination where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or otherwise where an nominator has gained advantage in participating in the campaign or acted fraudulently.
- Our decision is binding in all matters relating to this campaign, and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- Owing to exceptional circumstances outside our reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, we reserve the right to cancel or amend the campaign or these terms and conditions at any time, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to you in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- Governing law & jurisdiction. These terms and conditions (and any non-contractual disputes/claims which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by English law and we and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Please drink responsibly and visit greeneking.co.uk/enjoy-responsibly for the facts.
- Greene King Brewing and Retailing Limited, Westgate Brewery, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP33 1QT.
- Data Controller. Greene King Brewing and Retailing Limited (ICO registration number ZA054235) is the data controller in respect of your nomination.
- We are required to comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK General Data Protection Regulation in relation to the processing of any personal information obtained from you, including when you take part in this promotion. We are a member of the Greene King group of companies (the “Group”), and the Group takes the protection of your personal information seriously.
- Why do we need to process your personal data? We want our campaigns to be administered fairly so that everyone can enjoy them. To do this well, we need to process some of your personal data. We will process your personal data to administer the campaign, to confirm that you have complied with the terms of the promotion and to deal with any queries you have in relation to the promotion.
- What information do we process? When you enter a campaign we need your contact information. We will also collect any personal information you include in your message.
- How long do we keep personal information for? If you exercise your data protection rights, we will keep a record of your request and our response indefinitely, to be able to show that we responded properly and fairly to your request. Otherwise we will keep your data for the following time periods:
Information relating to…
Is kept for…
Making a nomination
6 months following the closing date of a promotion
Enquiring about a campaign
1 year from the date of the last correspondence on the matter.
- Will we sell your personal data to anyone else? That’s not something we do.
- Who do we share personal data with and why? Any personal information collected may be shared with other companies in our Group and will be used for administrative or operational reasons connected with the promotion, including to communicate with you. We work with the following third party suppliers and service providers who will process your personal data in order to administer the promotion, arrange prizes and discuss any specific requirements with you on our behalf:
Personal data that is shared
Reasons for sharing personal data
Semble Network Limited
Name, address, email address and any other personal data that you provide.
To administer the campaign
- This organisation is required to comply with our data processing standards and are bound by the terms of this privacy notice. They are not permitted to use your personal data for their own purposes.
- We will share your personal data as required by law or where we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority.
- As we develop our business, we might sell or buy group companies or other businesses. If we do so, this might involve transferring customer information relating to the relevant company or business to the person buying the business. The buyer will only be permitted to use your personal data as outlined in this privacy notice.
- We will not pass your personal information outside of the EEA or to any other external organisation without your prior permission.
- Direct marketing. We may ask whether you want to receive marketing from us – it’s your choice, but if you sign up for marketing please read our general privacy notice at greeneking.co.uk/privacy.
- If you are a winner or runner up, we may use your data for publicity purposes as explained in the terms and conditions above.
- What are your rights and how can you exercise them? We can be contacted by post at: Westgate Brewery, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP33 1QT.
- We have appointed a Data Protection Officer, who can be contacted by post at the address above, or by email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We process personal data in compliance with applicable data protection law. The lawful bases we rely on for our primary processing purposes are as follows:
Lawful basis for processing
Administering a campaign
We process personal data because it is necessary to do so for the performance of the relevant contract.
Responding to an enquiry about a campaign
We believe it is in our commercial interests to respond to our customers making this processing a legitimate interest.
- You have the following rights under data protection law:
- to ask us to tell you what personal data we are processing that relate to you (right of access);
- to require us to rectify or stop processing inaccurate personal data (right to rectification);
- to require us to delete personal data relating to you, subject to there being valid grounds (right to erasure);
- to require us to restrict our processing activities, subject to there being valid grounds (right to restriction);
- to object to processing, in particular to profiling (right to object) and direct marketing (by withdrawing your consent);
- to ask that personal data about you be sent to another controller of your choosing, subject to there being valid grounds (right to data portability).
- You can notify us of your wish to exercise any of these rights by contacting the Data Protection Officer, using the contact information provided above.
- You also have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (the data protection regulator for the United Kingdom) or in some circumstances, another European Union data protection authority.
- Changes to this privacy notice. This privacy notice is effective from the opening date set out above. You can check if the privacy notice has changed by revisiting this webpage at any time.
- The proportion of the purchase price that will be donated to the stated purpose.